A classic pound cake with a delicious and tropical twist. Perfecto to enjoy with a cup of tea or a glass of milk.
Pineapple and Nuts Pound Cake
- 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 130 g Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 150 g All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30 g Milk
- 50 g Crushed nuts
- 100 g Pineapple in cubes. You can choose fresh or canned.
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. Butter and flour a loaf pan; set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes or until pale. Add sugar and continue beating a few minutes until creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs and continue beating ( one at the time). After the mixture is combined add the vanilla bean paste, beat to combine.
- Add half of the flour mix, then the milk and then the remaining flour.
- Beat on low speed just to integrate the flour and the mix is smooth. No more than 1 minute.
- Spread one layer of cake batter in the loaf pan and then some cubes of pineapple and then a layer of nuts. Repeat the proccess once more and finish with cake batter and nuts on the top. Take it to the oven for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack for 10 minutes before loosening the sides with a small metal spatula, and invert onto greased wire racks. Gently turn the cake back up, so the tops are up and cool.
- 50 g Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- Place the sugar in a medium bowl and slowly stir in the lime juice, a little at a time, to make a smooth and pourable glaze.
To assemble and decorate the cake
- Add some of the glaze on the top of the pound cake.
- Pour some nuts, rose edible petals and edible flowers to decorate.