Here you have a basic recipe for a delicious dessert. It takes time to bake the perfect Meringue; however, not so perfect is delicious too.
140 g Egg whites (About 4 egg whites)
280 g white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
1. Mix egg whites with sugar in a small saucepan and put it over a saucepan with simmering water a few minutes until sugar dissolves or using a thermometer until it gets 65°C exactly. Whisk constantly. Sift the mix through a small sieve if you get any lumps. 2. Using a stand mixer, whisk for about 10 minutes or until Swiss meringue is firm and bowl feels cool.
4.Using a pastry bag and a star tip (I used Wilton 1M) start making mini baskets over a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
5. Take baking sheet to the oven and turn down temperature to 250ºF. Bake 1 hour and a half. Turn off the oven and if you have some time, let pavlovas cool inside the over all over the night or take them out and let them cool at room temperature.
500 g Whipping Cream ( Stored in the refrigerator one day before)
1 tbs Hazelnut paste
1. Take the bowl and the whisk that you are going to use to the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before you are going to use it.
2. Start whisking cream manually or using an electric mixer until soft peaks.
3. Add Hazelnut paste and keep whisking until firm peaks. Do not over mix or the mixture will break and you will have to start over again.
Dark Chocolate Ganache
200 g de Dark Chocolate crushed
200 g de Cream
1. In a small saucepan heat creme until almost boil and put it over crushed chocolate. Let it rest 1 minute without mixing.
2. Use a tablespoon and start mixing gently until chocolate melts completely.
3. Let it rest about 40 minutes at room temperature or until it gets firm enough to be used with a pastry bag.
For decorating the pavlovas check out the video at the end of this post.!