Green Velvet Matcha Cake
3 large egg whites
160 g Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
185 g Cake flour
15 g Matcha tea, I used this Matcha Tea
200 g Superfine sugar
2 + 1/8 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
113 g unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour two round 5-inch pans.
2. In a medium bowl, combine and stir the egg whites, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of the milk. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, matcha tea, sugar, baking powder and salt together on low speed, stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add the butter and blend on low speed for about 30 seconds, then add remaining milk, and mix on low speed until just moistened. Increase to medium speed and mix for 1-1/2 minutes.
5. Scrape the sides of the bowl and begin to add the egg/milk mixture in 3 separate batches; beat on medium for 20 seconds after each addition.
6. Divide the batter in two, spreading it evenly.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester comes clean when inserted into the center. Be so careful to not over-bake or not browning too much.
8. Inmediately invert cake pans onto greased wire racks. Gently turn cakes back up, so the tops are up and cool completely.
Passion Fruit Curd
150 g Passion fruit pulp with seeds or 80 g without Passion fruit extract without seeds
70 g Sugar
4 egg Yolks
80 g Unsalted butter
1. Mix the passion fruit pulp/juice, sugar and egg yolks into a small bowl.
2. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until thickened. This can take about 10 minutes. Be careful of not overcook or egg yolks will cook and mixture will break.
3. Take the bowl off the heat. Add the butter and stir until the mixture is smooth.
4. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate.
300 g Creamcheese room temperature or about 10 minutes out the refrigerator
150 g Butter softened
100 g Powdered sugar sifted
Zest of one lemon
3/4 of mixture of Passion Fruit Curd cooled
1. Beat butter until pale and fluffy, .
2. Add powdered sugar and lemon zest. Beat medium speed about 6 minutes.
3. Add Creamcheese and beat for 2 minutes.
4. Add cooled passion curd and beat until nice and smooth.
4. If the mixture seems too soft, refrigerate 10 minutes before using.
Check out this video and get inspired to decorate your own cake: