What a beautiful recipe here. Homemade Raviolis. Easy and delicious. Recipe and food styling in collaboration with Camila Velez.
Take a moment to know more about Camila Velez, a talented chef and food stylist who kindly shared an afternoon with me at her fabulous home .
Handmade pasta dough
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 375g All purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1 tbspn Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Plae flour in a long surface and make a well in the centre.
- Add the eggs, egg yolks, olive oil and salt into the well and start stiring using a fork, mixing the flour towards the centre with the eggs.
- When the dough becomes thick enough, begin working with you hands.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes, until the dough looks firm and smooth.
- Cover the dough using plastic film and let it rest at room temperature for one hour.
- 1 medium size butternut squash
- 5 tbsp Olive oil
- Sea Salt. Fresh Thyme. Black Pepper. Coriander seeds. Sliced garlic.
- Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C.
- Cut the butternut squash in half, take out the seeds and make some small shallow cuts.
- Pour in a baking tray and add olive oil, thyme, sea salt, pepper, coriander seeds and sliced garlic.
- Bake until golden, about 40 minutes. if the pumpkin seems golden brown, but still not soft enough, turn it upside-down and bake some more minutes.
- Take it out from the oven, and let it rest about 10 minutes.
- Using a spoon, take the butternut squash meat out from the shell and put it in a medium size bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the butternut squash until it has a puree look.
Filling and Assembling Raviolis
- Divide pasta dough into halves using a knife.
- Using a pasta machine or rolling pin, roll one portion into desired thickness. (Keep the remaining dough covered until ready to use.)
- Working quickly, place 1 tablespoon of puree over half of pasta sheet making a line and leaving about 1 inch / 3cms blank space between every filling. (See pictures below)
- Brush around filling with cold water just to moisten.
- Fold sheet over and press down to seal. Cut into squares with a Ravioli cutter.
- Repeat the process with the remaining pasta dough and filling.
Cooking and serving Raviolis
- Bring a medium size pan with salted water to a boil. Add raviolis and cook for about 2 minutes or until raviolis float to the surface.
- Drain the raviolis and stir-fry using butter, some seasoning herbs and dried pepper.
- Serve and grate some of your favorite aged cheese.