A delicious and easy recipe for any baking skills person. I am sure everyone around will love and enjoy these fluffy and moist cupcakes.
Buttermilk Yellow Cupcakes
- 90 g Cake flour
- 80 g White sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 60 g Buttermilk
- 2 Egg yokls
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or seeds of 1 Vanilla Stick
- 80 g Unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks, buttermilk and the vanilla bean paste just until lightly combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt on low speed for 2 minutes. Add the butter and 1/3 of the milk mixture and beat on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Raise the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Starting on medium-low speed, gradually add the remaining wet mixture to the batter in three parts, beating on medium speed for 20 seconds after each addition to incorporate the ingredients. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly into cupcake tins filling each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until just beginning to brown on top. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a rack.
- 150 g Fresh strawberries
- 20 g Sugar
- 20 ml Lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and cook at medium high temperature until it boils. Whisk constantly.
- Cook at slow temperature 10 minutes more.
- Let cool. Set aside.
Strawberry Yogurt Buttercream
- 150 g Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 200 g Icing sugar
- 45 ml / 3 tbsp Strawberry yogurt
- 1 drop of Pink Gel Food Coloring
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add Icing sugar, yogurt and food coloring and beat 8 minutes starting on low and increasing to medium-high speed.
Decorating the Cupcakes
- Make a little hole in the center of each cupcake using a round tip and fill it with the cooled raspberry jam.
- Pour the buttercream into a piping bag adapted with a Wilton 8B piping tip.
- Squeeze the air out of the piping bag. Pipe a swirl on to each cupcake. Start at the center of the cupcake, squeezing in a spiral motion, creating layers of buttercream and working in toward the center.
- Use some fresh strawberries to garnish.