Blackberry and Greek Yogurt Cake
170 g Cake flour plus 1 tablespoon
160 g White Sugar
75 g Butter softened
2 Eggs lightly beaten
100 g plain greek yogurt
1 Lemon zest
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla bean paste
100 g Fresh blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F / 170C.
2. Grease and flour 4 layer cake pans of 12 cm or 5 inches diameter.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Spread 1/2 tbsp of flour over fresh blackberries just to cover them in flour.
5. Beat butter on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes or until pale. Add sugar and continue beating a few minutes until creamy and fluffy.
6. Add lightly beaten eggs slowly beating at medium speed. Add vanilla.
7. Add half of the flour mix, then the yogurt and then the remaining flour. Beat on low speed just to integrate the flour and the mix is smooth. No more than 1 minute. Mix in lemon zest and blackberries using a spatula.
8. Divide mix in 4 equal batches and pour them over the layer cake pans. Take them to the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the surface looks soft brown.
9. Let them rest in the cake pan for 5 minutes, take the cakes out and let them cool to room temperature.
150 g fresh blackberries
40 g sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and cook at high temperature until it boils. Whisk constantly.
2. Cook at slow temperature 10 minutes more.
3. Let cool. Set aside.
300 g Creamcheese room temperature or about 10 minutes out the refrigerator
150 g Butter softened
200 g Powdered sugar sifted
50 g Blackberry Jam
1 tablespoon heavy Cream
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Beat butter until pale and fluffy, .
2. Add powdered sugar and cream. Beat medium speed about 8 minutes.
3. Add Creamcheese and lemon zest using a rubber spatula and mixing until smooth. Do not overmix or the mixture will break appart. If you are using Philadelphia Creamcheese you can beat it in the stand mixer.
4. If the mixture seems too soft, refrigerate 10 minutes before using.
60g heavy cream
1. Caramelize sugar in a saucepan.
2. Add gradually butter and stir using a whisk.
3. Remove from heat and add heavy cream, take care it will bubble up. Get back to heat and let cook for 3 min.
4. Let cool down some minutes or until it has the perfect consistence to pour on top of the cake.
Assemble the cake using layers of cake, Creamcheese frosting and blackberry jam. Cover with Cheese frosting and pour caramel and fresh blackberries on top of the cake.